View current and archived news about Rancho Cordova. Click here to contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department.
Make Holiday Wishes Come True in Rancho Cordova
The Rancho Cordova Police Department and its partners will host the 7th annual Christmas in Cordova event on Saturday, December 16 at Mills Middle School to support families in need this holiday season.
Christmas in Cordova supports more than 800 local children by providing a shopping mall full of new toys for parents to select and wrap for their children, at no cost to them. The event also includes an arts and craft area for children to make gifts for their parents, meals for families in attendance, and a surprise visit from Santa.
“Rancho Cordova police officers look forward to Christmas in Cordova each holiday season,” said Sergeant Claudio Sotelo. “This event is one of the many ways we are able to give back to our community, and it wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of community members and businesses that donate and volunteer alongside us.”
Community members and businesses can make holiday wishes come true for these local families by donating a toy or signing up to volunteer.
New, unwrapped toys and games for children from newborn to 17 years old, as well as gift-wrapping materials, are being accepted at the following locations and events:
- Rancho Cordova Police Department, 2897 Kilgore Road, Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM through Friday, December 15
- Rancho Cordova City Hall, 2729 Prospect Park Drive, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM, through Thursday, December 7
- Neighborhood Services Center, 2880 Gold Tailings Court, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM, through Thursday, December 7
- Christmas in Cordova Toy Drive, Target Rancho Cordova, 10881 Olson Drive, Tuesday, December 5, 5 - 9 PM
- Christmas in Cordova Toy Drive, Target Rancho Cordova, 10881 Olson Drive, Thursday, December 7, 5 - 9 PM
- Rancho Cordova PAL Holiday Run, Village Green Park, 3141 Bridgeway Drive, Saturday, December 9, 8:30 AM
Volunteers are needed on Saturday, December 16 between the hours of 9:30 AM to 5 PM to support various tasks such as helping parents shop, wrapping gifts, and greeting families. If you would like to volunteer, visit CityofRanchoCordova.org/Christmas to download, fill out and return the Volunteer Questionnaire no later than Monday, December 4.
Christmas in Cordova is hosted in partnership with the Rancho Cordova Police Department, City of Rancho Cordova, Rancho Cordova Police Activities League (PAL), Folsom Cordova Community Partnership, Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, CHP, and Sun River Church.
For more information, visit CityofRanchoCordova.org/Christmas or contact Alexsis Yeager at (916) 875-5852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.