Living in the City of Rancho Cordova has many benefits, and one of them is that homeowners, businesses and community organizations are eligible for FREE trees! Through a partnership with the Sacramento Tree Foundation and SMUD and as a result of a grant from the City’s Community Enhancement Fund, Rancho Cordovans are eligible for up to 10 FREE trees per property, plus assistance with planting and irrigation.
Why are we offering FREE trees?
The City has set a goal of increasing its urban tree canopy to 35% by 2035. It also set a goal of planting one tree a day during the Fiscal Year 2016/2017, and it met its goal! The City planted 367 trees throughout the community in neighborhoods, parks and commercial areas.
Why should you sign up for FREE trees?
The City provides FREE trees and helps to plant them. More trees in our City means:
- Improved air quality and removal of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
- Increased shade for energy conservation, as well as better shading for sidewalks, trails and bikeways
- Reduction in storm water runoff and surface flooding
- Improved habitat for desirable wildlife
- Reduced health risks to residents due to enhanced environmental conditions
- Increased economic value to properties and increased economic activity
- Increased stability and desirability of neighborhoods, as well as beautification
Getting FREE trees is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Tree Planting and Care Tips
For a helpful list of tree species and recommended planting steps, click here.
For more information about river-friendly landscaping, click here.
Dead Tree & Stump Removal Incentive "Pilot" Program
The City of Rancho Cordova is providing a matching grant incentive of up to $500 to help residents interested in removing any dead trees or tree stumps in their front or rear yard and replacing them with new trees. Learn More.
Give Back by Volunteering
Do you want to give back to the community? You can volunteer to help plant free trees, help mulch trees, or help identify homeowners, landlords and renters who want free trees. If you are interested in volunteering, contact the City's Volunteer Coordinator Lorianne Ulm at email@example.com.
Made Possible Through
|City of Rancho Cordova|
|Sacramento Tree Foundation|