To provide our community with the finest animal services possible, to promote the humane treatment of all animals through education, and to eliminate the need for euthanasia of healthy animals.
The City of Rancho Cordova Animal Services (RCAS) is dedicated to promoting responsible pet ownership within our community, and increasing our community's standard of animal care through example, education and application of local and state laws.
Services Provided by RCAS:
(Some services are provided at the Sacramento SPCA)
- Dog & Cat licensing
- Reuniting lost animals with their families
- Investigation of cruelty & neglect cases
- Caring for sick, injured, abandoned & unwanted animals
- Pet adoptions
- Spay & Neuter assistance
FREE Spay & Neuter Program for Pit Bulls & Pit Bull Mixes
Rancho Cordova Whisker Warriors FREE spay/neuter voucher program for Cats & Dogs
Sacramento County "Spay it Forward" Free spay/neuter program for Cats (includes incorporated & unincorporated areas of the County)
Located at the Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Services Center (RCNC)
2880 Gold Tailings Ct., Rancho Cordova, Ca 95670
(Nearest cross street is Sunrise Blvd.)
Business Hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
For 24 hour service, complaints, or injured animals call (916) 851-8852
Pet Licensing call (916) 851-8770
Did you know all cats & dogs must be licensed by four months of age & that each property is allowed to have a maximum of five pets not to exceed four of anyone kind.
There are multiple ways in which you can license your pet:
1. You can download the City’s form for Pet Licensing & mail it in
2. Or you can download the form & bring it down to our office
3. You can also purchase a license down at the Sacramento SPCA
Read the instructions carefully. You will need to include a current copy of the rabies certificate and anything stating if your pet is spayed or neutered. Once the license has been processed, a license tag will be mailed.
Download the Animal License Application (PDF)
|Age||Altered||Senior Citizen Altered||Unaltered||Senior Citizen Unaltered||Unaltered Show Animals||Senior Citizen Show Animals|
- Altered is for pets that have been spayed/neutered
- Unaltered is for pets that have not been spayed/neutered
- Senior citizen is for owners 65 years or older (must show proof of age)
- Show animals (Must provide proof that the pet has been shown in a sanctioned match with a national animal registry within the last 12 months. The pet may not be bred within the year of receiving the discounted rate. A license at this discounted rate may only be issued annually)
- Replacement tags are $5
Please note California State Law only allows us to issue a license through the expiration date of the rabies. Thank you for your understanding.
Rancho Cordova Municipal Codes (RCMC), in Regards to Animal Services
- Not having a license for your pet is a violation of RCMC 8.06.010
- Not having the current rabies vaccination for your pet is a violation of RCMC 8.05.010
- If your pet acts as a public nuisance it is a violation of RCMC 8.03.010 (A)(3)
Violation of these codes could result in enforcement action.
Failure to renew a license on time could result in a late fee.
Shelter services for the City are provided by the Sacramento SPCA. The SPCA conducts pet adoptions, spay and neuter assistance and education programs as part of the City’s full-service approach to caring for pets.
6201 Florin-Perkins Road
Sacramento, CA 95828
Services for wildlife such as skunks, opossums, & raccoons, are handled by the Sacramento County Agricultural Commissioner's Office. A Federal Wildlife Specialist can be reached at 916-875-6603, Monday through Friday 7:30am-8:30am.