About the Program
Adopted in 2007, the City of Rancho Cordova has established a rental housing inspection program. The program was started in order to safeguard the interests of property owners,the character of neighborhoods, to protect the public health, safety, and welfare of individuals living in the City.
|Substandard Interior||Plumbing Problems||Damaged Mechanical|
Site inspections can occur in three ways.
- Request for inspection from tenant
- Request for inspection of unit by owner or his/her designee or
- Periodic inspection(s) conducted by the City.
Upon notification by the City, owners of a rental property in the City of Rancho Cordova are subject to rental housing inspections. During an inspection, inspectors conduct door-to-door inspections of rental properties to assure compliance with applicable codes. Rental properties are inspected for interior/exterior code violations and issued corrective notices. The most common violations are:
- Pest infestation
- Deteriorating exterior siding, stucco or paint
- Deteriorating plumbing and plumbing fixtures
- Deteriorating interior drywall and flooring
- Poor landscape maintenance
- Missing electrical covers
- Unsightly deteriorated fencing
- Broken windows
- Overgrown yards
- Deteriorated or ineffective waterproofing of exterior walls, roof, foundation, floors, broken windows or doors
- Inoperable vehicles
Request an Inspection
If you are a tenant living in substandard conditions or a property owner wishing to conduct an inspection with our department to assure you dwellings are currently up to code;
Contact Us: 916-851-8770 to schedule an inspection.