The Design Guidelines provide a framework to evaluate new development projects against the City’s adopted vision and are intended to reflect the City’s desires relative to land planning, as well as individual site design and architecture.
The guidelines and standards set forth in Chapter 2 of the Design Guidelines, Community Design, are applicable to all project types and cover a wide range of topics from general circulation and project signage to landscaping and sustainable development. The subsequent chapters provide additional provisions that are applicable to unique project types. The checklists in Appendix B are intended for use by applicants/designers, staff, and decision makers in the preparation, review, and action of individual projects. The summary language included within the checklists is designed as a reference to the provisions within the document and are not meant to substitute for the actual language of the guidelines.
- Full Document (17 MB)
- Cover & Table of Contents (330 KB)
- Chapter 1 Introduction (466 KB)
- Chapter 2 Community Design (4.71 MB)
- Chapter 3 Commercial and Commercial Mixed Use (1.77 MB)
- Chapter 4 Office and Office Mixed Use (1.39 MB)
- Chapter 5 Residential (3.18 MB)
- Chapter 6 Community Facilities (1.82 MB)
- Chapter 7 Industrial (1.27 MB)
- Appendix A Glossary (315 KB)
- Appendix B Checklist (624 KB)
- Appendix C Street Furniture Design Concepts (1.83 MB)