The City’s solid waste and recycling services are provided by Republic Services, Inc.
- Garbage carts (brown) are collected every week.
- Recycling (blue) and green waste (green) carts are collected every other week, on an alternating basis.
- The calendar below shows the weekly collection schedule. The weeks highlighted in blue are recycling weeks, and weeks highlighted in green are green waste weeks.
Daily Collection Areas
The map below shows the Monday through Friday collection areas with the City of Rancho Cordova. Click here to download the Solid Waste Collection Area Map.
Rancho Cordova residents have a choice. Republic Services offers 32-gallon, 64-gallon and 96-gallon garbage carts. The table below includes current monthly garbage rates.
|Monthly Solid Waste Rates Effective February 1, 2017*|
- Residential customers may request one additional green waste or recycling cart at no additional charge by contacting Republic Services.
- To exchange your garbage cart size or to request any additional information, contact Republic Services at (916) 638-9000.
Place carts on the street by 6 a.m. on your collection day. Carts are not allowed to be left curbside longer than 12 hours. The City of Rancho Cordova requires carts be placed in backyards, in a garage, behind a fence or gate, or placed in a location that is not visible from the street.
Please place carts side-by-side in the street three (3) feet apart and with the wheels three (3) feet from the curb. Keep all carts three (3) feet apart from anything that may block the collection truck.
If you are moving, please leave your garbage, recycling and green waste carts in a secure location for the next resident. To discontinue service, please call Republic Services at (916) 638-9000.
Bulky Items Pickup Program
Republic Services offers up to three (3) free bulky item pickups per year. To schedule a pick up, please contact Republic Services at (916) 638-9000. Click here to download the current Rancho Cordova Customer Guide.
Recycling Guide and Handbook
The Rancho Cordova Recycling Guide and Handbook contains a listing of local facilities that accept recyclable materials. Click here to download the Rancho Cordova Recycling Guide and Handbook.
To report illegal dumping, please contact the City's Public Works Department at (916) 851-8710.
Household Hazardous Waste
Please do not place hazardous wastes such as motor oil, paint, pesticides, solvents or cleaning products in any of your collection carts. Click here to download the current Rancho Cordova Customer Guide.
Think Before You Scrape
Do you know what to do with your food scraps? Find out how we can save our landfills and turn our food waste into a resource by reading this handy guide.
Republic Services Customer Service (916) 638-9000 or email@example.com
City of Rancho Cordova Public Works Department (916) 851-8710