The City’s solid waste and recycling services are provided by Republic Services, Inc.
Biweekly Greenwaste and Recycling Calendar
- Garbage carts (brown) are collected every week.
- Recycling (blue) and green waste (green) carts are collected every other week, on an alternating basis
- The calendar below shows the weekly collection schedule for 2015. The weeks highlighted in blue are recycling weeks, and weekly highlighted in green are greenwaste weeks.
Daily Collection Areas
The map below shows the Monday through Friday collection areas with the City of Rancho Cordova. Click on the link below to open a printable version of the City's Collection Map.
- Rancho Cordova residents have a choice. Republic Services offers 32-gallon, 64-gallon and 96-gallon garbage carts. The table below includes current monthly garbage rates.
Monthly Solid Waste Rates Effective February 1, 2016*
*Monthly rates are based upon the size of the garbage cart and include all programs and services, including curbside recycling and greenwaste collection, the bulky item program, used oil and filter collection, etc. Republic Services bills customers on a bimonthly basis (every other month), so the actual bill will be double the amount shown above.
- Residential customers may request one additional greenwaste or recycling cart at no additional charge by contacting Republic Services.
- To exchange your garbage cart size or to request any additional information, contact Republic Services at (916) 638-9000.
Cart Program Reminders
- Cart Placement? Cart must be placed on the street no later than 6 a.m. on your collection day and must be off the streets and back on your private property within 12 hours of being serviced. Carts must be at least 3 feet off the curb, gutter, paved surface or highway and 3 feet away from all objects. Carts must also be 6 feet away from vehicles.
Moving? If you are moving, please leave your recycling, green waste and trash carts in a secure location for the next resident. To discontinue services and billing, please call Republic Services at (916) 638-9000.
Recycling and Greenwaste Programs - Accepted Materials
- Blue Recycling Cart (Collected biweekly)
- Green Waste Cart (Collected biweekly)
- Brown Trash Cart (Collected weekly)
Bulky Item Program
To schedule a pick up, please contact Republic Services at (916) 638-9000. Click here or the graphic below to download the 2016 Rancho Cordova Customer Guide.
Recycling Guide and Handbook
The Rancho Cordova Recycling Guide and Handbook contains a listing of local facilities that accept the following materials:
• Household Hazardous Waste
To receive a copy of the guide, please contact Republic Services at (916) 638-9000 or simply click on the link here for a printable guide: Rancho Cordova Recycling Guide and Handbook.
To report illegal dumping, please contact City Customer Services at (916) 851-8710.
Household Hazardous Waste
Please do not place hazardous wastes such as motor oil, paint, pesticides, solvents or cleaning products in any of your collection carts. Click here or the graphic below to download the 2016 Rancho Cordova Customer Guide.
Republic Services Customer Service (916) 638-9000 or email@example.com
City of Rancho Cordova Customer Service (916) 851-8710