Water Conservation News & Information (2016)

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

How to Report After-Hours and Water-Related Emergencies

First, please contact your water provider: Golden State Water (800) 999-4033, California American Water (888) 237-1333, and Sacramento County Water (916) 875-7246. Second, please contact (916) 851-8700, press 9, and press 1 for Public Works. In case of a life threatening emergency, please call 911.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who is my water provider?

A: You can find your water provider by clicking here and using the map.

Q: What are the days I am allowed to water? (What are my watering restrictions?)

A: You can view your watering restrictions here.

Q: I would like to report a water waster or water-related emergency. Who should I call?

A: If you witness a neighbor or business overwatering, contact your water provider with the address and times that the water wasting occurred. To report a water-related emergency, first contact your water provider and second contact the City at (916) 851-8700, press 9, and press 1. Click here to find your provider's contact information.

Q: What are some water-wise landscaping options I can consider instead of grass?

A. For resources on water-wise landscaping alternatives, click here.

Q. What other restrictions am I required to follow during the continued drought?

A. Besides limiting irrigation to certain days, residents and businesses must abide by additional restrictions set forth by Governor Jerry Brown and the State Water Resources Control Board. Click here to view these additional restrictions.

Q. Are there any rebates to remove my grass?

A. Yes, some of our water providers are currently offering turf rebate programs to citizens. Click here to view the rebates

Q. Is artificial turf allowed for my home?

A. Yes, Rancho Cordova currently allows artificial turf on a case by case basis. Learn more about the approval process here.

City of Rancho Cordova Update - April 2015

The City of Rancho Cordova is not a water provider and is being served by two private water companies (Golden State Water and California American Water) and two public agencies (Sacramento County Water Agency and City of Folsom Water District). In response to the Governor’s April 2015 Executive Order, we are working with our water providers to develop guidelines and policies that will help our residents and businesses to most effectively conserve water. As part of this process, we also hope to develop a consistent and uniform enforcement policy for all the water providers serving the City of Rancho Cordova. We expect to have these guidelines available within the next few weeks. Stay tuned to the City’s website at CityOfRanchoCordova.org for water conservation updates.

How is the City of Rancho Cordova responding to the drought?

The City of Rancho Cordova understands that water conservation is vital during the continued drought, and we appreciate those citizens who are conserving water.

The City hopes to save residents money in the long run. Rancho Cordova City Council has provided direction for citizens to water within the guidelines of their water district but to also keep the lawns alive, even with the minimal amount of watering possible. This ensures that the essential bushes and trees on properties remain alive. If residents allow their landscaping to completely die, property values will decrease and the reinvestment required in the property will be significant.