Welcome! The City of Rancho Cordova is proud to now offer electronic plan review to our customers. The City is utilizing a program called Active Review by SIRE Technologies to streamline the electronic plan review process.
We are now accepting plans for online plan review for the following permit types:
- Building & Safety
- Residential permits: New Homes, Additions, and Alterations / Remodels
- Commercial permits: New Buildings, Additions, Alterations / Tenant Improvements, Change-In-Use,
- Public Pools
- Public Works
- Improvement Plans
- Final Map Review
- Encroachment Permits
- Discretionary Entitlement Projects: General Plan Amendment, Design Review, Minor Design Review,
- Limited Use Permit, Specific Plan Amendment, Rezone, Tentative Tract Map, Tentative Parcel Map,
- Conditional Use Permit, Variance, Tentative Subdivision Map
- Administrative Entitlement Projects: Boundary Line Adjustment, Letter of Public Convenience & Necessity,
- Administrative Use Permit, Adjustment
How to Get Started
In order to begin utilizing our online plan review service, there are a few simple steps you will need to follow.
- Identify your project and confirm it falls under the types of projects accepted for online plan review.
- Complete the appropriate fill-in PDF forms and save them to your computer as you will need to attach the files when you are ready to submit them in the Active Review portal. The required forms are listed next to each permit type on the associated electronic plan review page.
- Once you have completed all the necessary forms, you will need to create an Active Review account. Click here for detailed instructions on how to create your Active Review account.
- Once you have successfully created your Active Review account, follow the instructions within the program to complete your submittal.
- Before the City begins plan review, payment must be received. After you submit plans, you will be contacted with the amount due. The City offers three payment options: visit the permit counter and pay your fees in person, call the Finance Department at 916-851-8739 or complete the payment authorization form and fax it to 916-851-8762.
Please note that circumstances may result in the City requesting the applicant to submit their project the traditional method, by providing hard copies.
The primary method of communication for online plan review will be by email. Also, you may need to download an alternative web browser if you are currently using Firefox. Firefox is not compatible with our web-based online plan review system.
If at anytime you have any questions pertaining to the online plan review process, please don't hesitate to contact us:
- For questions related to Building and Safety online plan review, call 916-851-8760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions related to Public Works online plan review, call 916-851-8910 or email email@example.com.
- For questions related to Planning online plan review, call 916-851-8750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.