Get a Permit


Gateway to Information on City of Rancho Cordova Permits

This page is intended to help guide customers to information on various permits provided by the City of Rancho Cordova and partner agencies (Sacramento County, Metro Fire, etc.) Permits are categorized by City departments below, and more information is available by clicking on the hyperlinks.

For further assistance or any general questions about the permit process:

Building Department

Residential Projects
Additions and remodels, water
heater installations, pools and spas and new production homes.

Commercial Projects
Tenant improvements

Sign Permits
Permanent sign structures

Demolition Permits

Public Works Department

Encroachment Permits
Trenching, sidewalk repair and driveways.

Transportation Permits
Oversized/overweight loads on city streets.

Street Use Permits
Non-construction purposes

Tree Removal Permit
Permission to remove protected trees on private or public property

Link to Development Services and Permitting

Planning and Entitlement Applications

Conditional Use Permits(CUP)

Temporary Use Permits
Temporary banners and signs, special events, sales trailers for new homes and temporary structures.

Limited Use Permits

Hen Ordinance Permit Application

Link to Planning Application Forms and Handouts

Other Permits and Outside Agencies

Business Licenses

Sacramento County

Fire Permits

Alarm Permits

EMD Environmental Management

Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District

Sacramento Area Sewer District

Sacramento County Department of Water Resources - Drainage & Water Supply


Permit Process

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer