Homeless InitiativesThe City of Rancho Cordova has a number of initiatives focused on homelessness. Below is a list of the current initiatives that will be undertaken during Fiscal Year 2017/2018. For additional details on any of these initiatives please see the Fiscal Year 2017/2018 Homeless Action Plan. If you would like to speak to the City about these initiatives or homelessness in general, please contact Stefan Heisler at (916) 851-8757 or email@example.com.
FY 2017/2018 Action Items
- Work towards completion of Mather Veterans Village Phases 2 and 3, the first facility of its kind in the region to provide permanent supportive homes for homeless and disabled veterans
- Continue the Sacramento Steps Forward Navigator contract for one Homeless Outreach Navigator who works directly with homeless individuals to connect them with housing and supportive services
- Continue the Sacramento Self-Help Housing (SSHH) contracts for the Renter’s Helpline and Housing Counseling
- Implement the Homeless Outreach Team, a team consisting of the City's police and code enforcement departments, as well as its Homeless Navigator, that is designed to connect the homeless to housing and supportive services provided through regional partners, such as Sacramento County, Sacramento Steps Forward, the Rancho Cordova Homeless Assistance Resource Team (HART), the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency, and other nonprofit organizations.
- Continue participating in Sacramento County and regional efforts to increase the effectiveness of existing homeless services both in the County and in Rancho Cordova to attract grant funding to the region
- Cooperate with Rancho Cordova HART for the Rancho Cordova Winter Shelter
- Collaborate with Homeless Service Providers in the City to discuss homeless efforts within Rancho Cordova
- Participate in the regional Emergency Services Grant Rapid Rehousing Program through the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency and Volunteers of America
- Stay current and involved in legislative activities related to homelessness
You Can Help Solve Homelessness
You can participate in efforts to solve homelessness by reporting issues to the City and by directing individuals to available resources.
- For volunteering, contact Rancho Cordova HART on their website at www.ranchocordovahart.org.
- If you see something, report it using Fresh Connect, the City’s online reporting system. Simply snap a photo and send your report via the City’s website or mobile app, and get an update once the problem is resolved.
- If you encounter a homeless individual, contact the City of Rancho Cordova's Neighborhood Services Team at 916-851-8770 who can connect with these individuals and assist them towards housing and other services.
- When someone you think is homeless asks you for help, direct them to the City's Neighborhood Services Team at 916-851-8770, or encourage them to call 211, the county’s resource phone number.
- If you see someone breaking the law or feel intimidated, call 911.
- If you have any questions or comments, contact Stefan Heisler at (916) 851-8757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.