Homeless InitiativesThe City of Rancho Cordova has a number of initiatives focused on homelessness. Below is a list of the current initiatives that will be undertaken during Fiscal Year 2017/2018. For additional details on any of these initiatives please see the Fiscal Year 2017/2018 Homeless Action Plan. If you would like to speak to the City about these initiatives or homelessness in general, please contact Stefan Heisler at (916) 851-8757 or email@example.com.
FY 2017/2018 Action Items
- Work towards completion of Mather Veterans Village Phases 2 and 3, the first facility of its kind in the region to provide permanent supportive homes for homeless and disabled veterans
- Continue the Sacramento Steps Forward Navigator contract for one Homeless Outreach Navigator who works directly with homeless individuals to connect them with housing and supportive services
- Continue the Sacramento Self-Help Housing (SSHH) contracts for the Renter’s Helpline and Housing Counseling
- Implemented the Homeless Outreach Team, a team consisting of the City's police and code enforcement departments, as well as its Homeless Navigator, that is designed to connect the homeless to housing and supportive services provided through regional partners, such as Sacramento County, Sacramento Steps Forward, the Rancho Cordova Homeless Assistance Resource Team (HART), the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency, and other nonprofit organizations.
- Continue participating in Sacramento County and regional efforts to increase the effectiveness of existing homeless services both in the County and in Rancho Cordova to attract grant funding to the region
- Cooperate with Rancho Cordova HART for the Rancho Cordova Winter Shelter
- Collaborate with Homeless Service Providers in the City to discuss homeless efforts within Rancho Cordova
- Participate in the regional Emergency Services Grant Rapid Rehousing Program through the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency and Volunteers of America
- Stay current and involved in legislative activities related to homelessness
Homeless Outreach Team
The City of Rancho Cordova has a unique strategy and resources in place to assist individuals and families experiencing homelessness in our community. The Homeless Outreach Team is comprised of our Homeless Navigator, a code enforcement officer and two officers.
The team builds relationships with homeless individuals and families to assist them in finding services, education and resources to help them become self-sufficient. The team also enforces violations of the law, such as illegal camping and aggressive panhandling.
You Can Help Solve Homelessness
The City of Rancho Cordova is asking its residents and businesses to help be our eyes in the community. If you see something, report it to the City.
- Report homeless camps, trash or debris that might have come from a homeless camp, and abandoned shopping carts using Fresh Connect, the City’s online reporting system. Simply snap a photo and send your report via the City’s website or mobile app, and get an update once the problem is resolved. Visit http://cityofranchocordova.org/freshconnect to get started today!
- If you see a homeless individual in need of assistance, contact the City’s Neighborhood Services Team by phone at 916-851-8770, or contact the Homeless Outreach Team Officers by email at RCPDHOT@ranchocordovapd.com.
- To report panhandling, call the RCPD non-emergency number at 916-362-5115.
- To report a crime in progress or suspicious activity, call 9-1-1.
For volunteering, contact Rancho Cordova HART on their website at www.ranchocordovahart.org.