Please note: The Name That School Sweepstakes has been extended to April 25th (1 week from original deadline of April 18th). The map of proposed schools has been updated, and 5 additional prizes (for a total of 10 prizes) will be awarded to 10 randomly selected participants.
What’s in a name? History? Location? Tribute?
All of the above?
The City of Rancho Cordova challenges you to help us come up with a list of names that could someday be recommended for schools that will be built within the city boundaries.
Over the next few decades, as many as 25 new schools will be constructed in our city. They include schools in the Folsom Cordova Unified School District and the Elk Grove Unified School District.
Submit an idea, and you'll be entered to win one of ten sets of prizes! Woo-hoo! Each prize set consists of a City of Rancho Cordova gift bag and a $50 gift card to a local business.
This sweepstakes runs from April 4 - April 25 at 5 p.m.
To help get you started, here are a few ideas:
- Is there an important natural feature nearby, such as a river or stream?
- Does the location have an interesting agricultural past, such as a cattle or sheep ranch, a vineyard, hops field or dairy farm?
- Is there a piece of history in the area, such as an historic trail, a gold dredging or link to Rancho Cordova’s high-flying past at Mather Air Force Base or rocket production?
- Is there an important figure in Rancho Cordova history whose contributions should be honored forever?
- Is there an important national or international figure who has special relevance to Rancho Cordova that should be considered?
- Check out this map of where the proposed new Rancho Cordova schools will be located for some additional inspiration.
Are you ready to NAME THAT SCHOOL? Submit your idea using the form below.
Click here for the Name That School Sweepstakes Official Rules. Please note school name ideas will be considered by the City of Rancho Cordova in order to create a final list of school name suggestions that will ultimately be approved by the school district.