View current and archived news about Rancho Cordova. Click here to contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department.
Rancho Cordova, Report!
The Rancho Cordova Police Department (RCPD) has recently noticed a trend of residents and businesses posting criminal activity on social media instead of making a report to the police department. Upon further investigation, RCPD has come to find out that some of the claims of criminal activity on social media are erroneous and easily explainable incidents.
RCPD wants to remind its residents and businesses that we can’t read social media posts to any private groups, including Nextdoor, unless a member of the group sends it to us. In addition, RCPD cannot take reports or dispatch officers via social media.
RCPD is asking residents and businesses to report any and all criminal activity. When you make a report, you help keep our community safe in these ways:
- RCPD regularly reviews reports and calls for service to address crime issues in the City of Rancho Cordova. When we determine that a crime series has occurred, we will allocate resources to address it based on information from reports, such as time, days, geographic location, etc. If there is no report on file, we can’t make these determinations.
- RCPD can only arrest a suspect for committing crime. If there is no report on file, we don't know that criminal activity occurred and can't arrest the subject for that crime.
Here are ways you can report to RCPD:
- To report a crime in progress or suspicious activity, call 9-1-1.
- You can also now send a text message to 9-1-1 from your mobile phone or handheld device. Learn When and How to Text 9-1-1
- To report a crime after the fact, please call our non-emergency number at (916) 362-5115.
- File a police report online at http://www.ranchocordovapd.com/reportcrime.php
- Have information on a crime? Submit a tip online at http://www.ranchocordovapd.com/
- Report homeless camps, shopping carts, traffic safety concerns, abandoned vehicles, and more using Fresh Connect, the City’s online reporting system. Simply snap a photo and send your report via the City’s website or mobile app, and get an update once the problem is resolved. Visit http://cityofranchocordova.org/freshconnect to get started today!
Thank you to our residents and businesses who have made reports in the ways mentioned above. By working together, we can continue to make Rancho Cordova a safe place for all!