View current and archived news about Rancho Cordova. Click here to contact the Communications and Public Affairs Department.
Experience the Excitement of the Amgen Tour of California in Rancho Cordova
The Men’s Stage 2 Start of the 2019 Amgen Tour of California is coming to the City of Rancho Cordova on Monday, May 13! This is the first time Rancho Cordova has been selected as an Amgen Tour of California Host City. This race will bring an international team of elite cyclists to our city for a Tour de France-style race, and we invite all residents and businesses to get involved.
The Men’s Stage 2 Start will kick off on Prospect Park Drive in front of our iconic Rancho Cordova City Hall with a festival at 8 AM and the race at 9:30 AM. Heading east from the start, the route will follow White Rock Road through the City of Rancho Cordova, ending 133.3 miles later in South Lake Tahoe.
Experience the excitement of the Amgen Tour of California by joining the City and Rancho Cordova Travel & Tourism for the Men’s Stage 2 Start. Here are five ways you can participate and welcome the event to Rancho Cordova:
- Show Us Your Blue & Gold! Let’s “paint the town” in blue and gold—two of the official race colors—to show our Rancho Cordova race spirit! Show Us Your Blue & Gold by taking photos and posting them on social media with the hashtag #BlueGold4AmgenTOC.
- Need Blue & Gold ideas? We’ve got you covered! Click here for cool downloadable blue and gold signs, pinwheel templates, and other creative blue and gold ideas.
- Cheer on the riders when the race begins at 9:30 AM. Come on out to the Men’s Stage 2 Start in front of Rancho Cordova City Hall, or find a viewing spot along White Rock Road between Prospect Park Drive and our eastern City limit. Note: The race start time has been changed to 9:30 AM. Check this website leading up to the race for any additional time changes.
- Join us at the free festival starting at 8 AM in front of Rancho Cordova City Hall to see the riders and experience the excitement. Stop by the City booth for some free blue and gold cheering items, while supplies last.
- Host a viewing party at home or at work. Stream the race when it goes live Monday afternoon, May 13. Make it a party by serving food and drinks, playing games, decorating with blue and gold colors, or whatever fun idea you come up with.
The City has mailed a race guide to every home in Rancho Cordova to help residents get ready for the festivities on Monday, May 13. The race guide includes background on the race, fun facts, road closures and a map of the race, so keep an eye on your mailbox. The race guide and additional information are also available by clicking here.
If you have any questions, contact the City at 916-851-8700 or email@example.com.