The City of Rancho Cordova provides curbside collection of garbage, yard waste, and recycling for residential properties which include single family homes, mixed use properties, duplexes, triplexes, and some fourplexes. The City’s residential solid waste and recycling services are provided by Republic Services, Inc.
- Brown garbage carts are collected every week.
- Blue recycling and green waste carts are collected every other week, on an alternating basis.
- The calendar below shows the weekly collection schedule. The weeks highlighted in blue are recycling weeks, and weeks highlighted in green are green waste weeks.
Click here to view the General Utilities and Services Map that shows the Monday through Friday collection areas with the City of Rancho Cordova.
General Collection Guidelines
- Place containers out by 6 AM and no earlier than 12 hours before your collection day.
- Lids must be closed.
- Leave at least 3 feet between containers and any other obstacles.
- When possible, residents in restricted parking zones should place containers on the curb and not in the street or gutter.
- Keep containers out of bike lanes whenever possible.
- Containers should be returned to the storage area on your property within 12 hours of collection.
- Storage locations must be within, adjacent to, or behind a structure, building, fence, landscaping or other barrier that substantially screens the containers from the street or public right-of-way.
Republic Services offers three sizes of containers, 32-gallon, 64-gallon, and 96-gallon.
The table below includes current monthly garbage rates.
|Monthly Solid Waste Rates Effective JULY 1, 2018*|
*Monthly rates include a 93 cent monthly charge for the provision of street sweeping services and are based upon the size of the garbage cart and include all programs and services, including curbside recycling and green waste collection, the bulky item program, used oil and filter collection, etc. Republic Services bills customers on a bimonthly basis (every other month), so the actual bill will be double the amount shown above.
- Residential customers may request one additional green waste or recycling cart at no additional charge by contacting Republic Services.
- To exchange your garbage cart size or to request any additional information, contact Republic Services Residential Customer Service at (916) 638-9000.
Residential Customer Service Questions and Inquiries
If you have questions regarding your service or starting new service, please call Republic Service’s customer service office at (916) 638-9000. Please call customer service if any of the following apply:
- Vacation hold
- Change of service
- Questions about recycling
Click here to see the customer service guide.
Bulky Items Pickup Program
Republic Services offers up to three (3) free bulky item pickups per year. To schedule a pick up, please contact Republic Services Residential Customer Service at (916) 638-9000.
Free Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off
Household Hazardous Waste: Too Toxic Too Trash
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) can be a danger to humans, pets and our environment. HHW is the leftover portion of household products that contain toxic chemicals, such as paint, cleaners and products with warning labels. These wastes CANNOT be disposed of in your regular garbage.
Residents can drop-off their HHW at any of these locations for FREE:
- Kiefer Landfill: Accepts antifreeze, batteries, oils and paints (ABOP). Drop-off center located at 12701 Kiefer Boulevard, Sloughhouse, CA 95638. Click here to learn more or contact the facility at 916.875.5555
- Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station: Located at 8491 Fruitridge Road, Sacramento, CA 95826. Click here to learn more or contact the facility at 916.737.4870
- Elk Grove Special Waste Collection Center: Located at 9255 Disposal Lane, Elk Grove, CA 95624. Click here to learn more or contact the facility at 916.627.3232
- Sacramento County HHW Facility: Located at 4450 Roseville Road, North Highlands, CA 95660. Click here to learn more or contact the facility at 916.875.5555.
Report Illegal Dumping
To report illegal dumping, please contact the City's Public Works Department at 916.851.8710.