The City’s residential solid waste and recycling services are provided by Republic Services, Inc.
- Garbage carts (brown) are collected every week.
- Recycling (blue) and green waste (green) carts are collected every other week, on an alternating basis.
- The calendar below shows the weekly collection schedule. The weeks highlighted in blue are recycling weeks, and weeks highlighted in green are green waste weeks.
Holiday Service Schedule: December 2019
Your normal trash, recycling, and green waste collection day will be affected by the upcoming holiday season.
- Week of Christmas (Wednesday 12/25 through Saturday 12/28): There will be no collection on Christmas Day. All trash and green waste collection will be delayed by one day this week. Regular Wednesday collection will be completed on Thursday, Thursday on Friday, and Friday on Saturday.
- Week of New Year's Day (Wednesday 1/1 through Saturday 1/4): There will be no collection on New Year's Day. All trash and recycling collection will be delayed by one day this week. Regular Wednesday collection will be completed on Thursday, Thursday on Friday, and Friday on Saturday.
Holiday Tree Collection
From December 26 until January 17, Rancho Cordova residents can recycle their live-cut tree at no additional cost! Recycle your tree one of these ways:
- Cut your tree into pieces to fit inside your green waste cart with the lid shut on your green waste collection day.
- Set live-cut tree at the curb on your trash collection day.
Please no artificial trees, flocked trees, or trees containing decorations.
For more information, please contact Republic Services at 916-638-9000.
Daily Collection Areas
Click here to view the General Utilities and Services Map that shows the Monday through Friday collection areas with the City of Rancho Cordova.
Rancho Cordova residents have a choice. Republic Services offers 32-gallon, 64-gallon and 96-gallon garbage carts. The table below includes current monthly garbage rates.
|Monthly Solid Waste Rates Effective JULY 1, 2018*|
- Residential customers may request one additional green waste or recycling cart at no additional charge by contacting Republic Services.
- To exchange your garbage cart size or to request any additional information, contact Republic Services Residential Customer Service at (916) 638-9000.
Place carts on the street by 6 a.m. on your collection day. Carts are not allowed to be left curbside longer than 12 hours. The City of Rancho Cordova requires carts be placed in backyards, in a garage, behind a fence or gate, or placed in a location that is not visible from the street.
Please place carts side-by-side in the street three (3) feet apart and with the wheels three (3) feet from the curb. Keep all carts three (3) feet apart from anything that may block the collection truck.
If you are moving, please leave your garbage, recycling and green waste carts in a secure location for the next resident. To discontinue service, please call Republic Services Residential Customer Service at (916) 638-9000.
Bulky Items Pickup Program
Republic Services offers up to three (3) free bulky item pickups per year. To schedule a pick up, please contact Republic Services Residential Customer Service at (916) 638-9000. Click here to download the current Rancho Cordova Customer Guide.
Recycling Guide and Handbook
The Rancho Cordova Recycling Guide and Handbook contains a listing of local facilities that accept recyclable materials. Click here to download the Rancho Cordova Recycling Guide and Handbook.
Recycle It Right
From your home to the recycling facility, read this handy guide to make sure your waste ends up in the right place.
To report illegal dumping, please contact the City's Public Works Department at (916) 851-8710.
Free Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off
Too toxic to trash! Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) can be a danger to humans, pets and our environment. HHW is the leftover portion of household products that contain toxic chemicals, such as paint, cleaners and products with warning labels. These wastes CANNOT be disposed of in your regular garbage.
Residents can drop-off their HHW at any of these locations for FREE:
- Kiefer Landfill ABOP Drop-Off Center, 12701 Kiefer Boulevard, Sloughhouse, 916-875-5555
- Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station HHW Facility, 8491 Fruitridge Road, Sacramento, 916-737-4870
- Elk Grove Special Waste Collection Center, 9255 Disposal Lane, Elk Grove, 916-627-3232
- Sacramento County HHW Facility, 4450 Roseville Road, North Highlands, 916-875-5555
Republic Services Residential Customer Service (916) 638-9000 or email@example.com
City of Rancho Cordova Public Works Department (916) 851-8710