Water Conservation News & Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

How to Report After-Hours and Water-Related Emergencies

First, please contact your water provider: Golden State Water (800) 999-4033, California American Water (888) 237-1333, and Sacramento County Water (916) 875-7246. Second, please contact (916) 851-8700, press 9, and press 1 for Public Works. In case of a life threatening emergency, please call 911.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who is my water provider?

A: You can find your water provider by clicking here and using the map.

Q: What are the days I am allowed to water? (What are my watering restrictions?)

A: You can view your watering restrictions here.

Q: I would like to report a water waster or water-related emergency. Who should I call?

A: If you witness a neighbor or business overwatering, contact your water provider with the address and times that the water wasting occurred. To report a water-related emergency, first contact your water provider and second contact the City at (916) 851-8700, press 9, and press 1. Click here to find your provider's contact information.

Q. What other water restrictions am I required to follow?

A. For permanent, statewide water restrictions, click here

Q. Are there any rebates to remove my grass?

A. Yes, some of our water providers are currently offering turf rebate programs to citizens. Click here to view the rebates

Q. Is artificial turf allowed for my home?

A. Yes, Rancho Cordova currently allows artificial turf on a case by case basis. Learn more about the approval process here.