Animal Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

 Rio's Pet Outreach   


Mission Statement

To provide our community with the finest animal services possible, to promote the humane treatment of all animals through education, and to eliminate the need for euthanasia of healthy animals.

The City of Rancho Cordova Animal Services (RCAS) is dedicated to promoting responsible pet ownership within our community, and increasing our community's standard of animal care through example, education and application of local and state laws.

Services Provided by RCAS

(Some services are provided at the Sacramento SPCA)

Located at the Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Services Center (RCNC)

2880 Gold Tailings Ct., Rancho Cordova, Ca 95670 (Nearest cross street is Sunrise Blvd.)

Business Hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
For 24 hour service, complaints, or injured animals, call (916) 851-8852.
For pet licensing, call 1-844-420-1543 (toll-free).

Pet Licensing

Did you know all cats & dogs must be licensed by four months of age & that each property is allowed to have a maximum of five pets not to exceed four of anyone kind?

There are multiple ways in which you can license your pet:

  1. Click here to download the form and mail it in.
  2. Apply online through PetData.
  3. Call 1-844-420-1543 (toll-free).

Rancho Cordova Municipal Codes (RCMC), in Regards to Animal Services

  • Not having a license for your pet is a violation of RCMC 8.06.010
  • Not having the current rabies vaccination for your pet is a violation of RCMC 8.05.010
  • If your pet acts as a public nuisance it is a violation of RCMC 8.03.010 (A)(3)

Violation of these codes could result in enforcement action. 
Failure to renew a license on time could result in a late fee.

Shelter Services

Shelter services for the City are provided by the Sacramento SPCA. The SPCA conducts pet adoptions, spay and neuter assistance and education programs as part of the City’s full-service approach to caring for pets.


Sacramento SPCA

6201 Florin-Perkins Road Sacramento, CA 95828 
(916) 383-7387


Wildlife Services

Services for wildlife such as skunks, opossums, & raccoons, are handled by  the Sacramento County Agricultural Commissioner's Office.  A Federal Wildlife Specialist can be reached at 916-875-6603, Monday through Friday 7:30am-8:30am.