Contact Information

Hours Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Telephone (916) 851-8710
Fax (916) 851-8787
Address City of Rancho Cordova
Public Works Department
2729 Prospect Park Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670


Public Works Directory

Our Mission

Public Works' mission is to provide residents, workers and shoppers with safe and efficient transportation systems, quality utility provisions and modernized environmental services to support the quality of life goals identified by our city leaders. Public Works is a diverse department that shares a commitment to exceptional customer service, and a determination to improve the quality of life in the City of Rancho Cordova.

Services and Programs

Plans and Projects

Public Works News

Application Packet for the Commercial Non-Exclusive Solid Waste and Recyclable Material and Organic Waste Collection Franchise 

The City of Rancho Cordova utilized a grant for Rubberized Asphalt Concrete from CalRecycle for the following two projects. The benefits of Rubberized Asphalt Concrete used on these two projects include the diversion of over 347,000 old tires and provide noise reduction and longer life to the asphalt.

The 2008 Street Rehabilitation project on Coloma Road and McGregor Drive consisted of the placement of a two inch rubberized asphalt concrete pavement overlay and various other related work on Coloma Road from McGregor Drive to Sunrise Boulevard and on McGregor Drive from Ambassador Drive to Coloma Road.

The 2009 Street Rehabilitation project consisted of the placement of a two inch rubberized asphalt concrete pavement overlay and various other related work on Routier Road between Folsom Boulevard and Old Placerville Road.

Agency Meetings

  • Capital SouthEast Connector JPA
    The City of Rancho Cordova is one of five agencies represented in a Joint Powers Authority that is tasked with the development of a new transportation corridor that will connect the City of Elk Grove, Sacramento County, the City of Rancho Cordova, the City of Folsom and El Dorado County. 

  • Sacramento Central Groundwater Authority JPA (SCGA)
    The City of Rancho Cordova, along with the County of Sacramento and the Cities of Elk Grove, Folsom and Sacramento entered into a JPA in order to form the SCGA for the purpose of regulating and managing groundwater within the Central Basin. 

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I report a broken streetlight?

Each street pole has a five-digit identifying number on it. Write down the number of the broken street light, or the nearest address and cross street, and use Fresh Connect to log the repair request. Public Works will respond shortly to repair the streetlight.

2. How do I get speed bumps put in on my street?

The City has a 

Neighborhood Traffic Management Program

 that provides residents tools to improve traffic on their streets.

3. How do I get graffiti removed?

For public property (street signs and sound walls) contact the City using Fresh Connect.