The City of Rancho Cordova has a number of initiatives focused on homelessness. Below is a list of the current initiatives that will be undertaken during Fiscal Year 2018/2019. For additional details on any of these initiatives please see the Homeless Action Plan Fiscal Year 2018/2019. If you would like to speak to the City about these initiatives or homelessness in general, please contact Stefan Heisler at (916) 851-8757 or email@example.com.
FY 2018/2019 Action Items
- Continue implementing the Homeless Outreach Team (learn more about the team below)
- Work towards completion of Mather Veterans Village Phases 2 and 3, the first facility of its kind in the region to provide permanent supportive homes for homeless and disabled veterans
- Continue contracting for one Homeless Outreach Navigator
- Continue the Sacramento Self-Help Housing (SSHH) contracts for the Renter’s Helpline and Housing Counseling to help prevent people from becoming homeless
- Continue participating in Sacramento County and regional efforts to increase the effectiveness of existing homeless services in the County and in Rancho Cordova in particular and attract grant funding to the region
- Cooperate with Rancho Cordova Homeless Assistance Resource Team (HART) for the Rancho Cordova Winter Shelter
- Collaborate with Homeless Service Providers in the City to discuss homeless efforts within Rancho Cordova
- Participate in the regional Emergency Services Grant Rapid Rehousing Program through Sacramento County
- Stay current and involved in legislative activities related to homelessness
Homeless Outreach Team
The City of Rancho Cordova has a unique strategy and resources in place to assist individuals and families experiencing homelessness in our community. The Homeless Outreach Team is comprised of our Homeless Navigator, a code enforcement officer and two officers.
The team builds relationships with homeless individuals and families to assist them in finding services, education and resources to help them become self-sufficient. The team also enforces violations of the law, such as illegal camping and aggressive panhandling.
You Can Help Solve Homelessness
The City of Rancho Cordova is asking its residents and businesses to help be our eyes in the community. If you see something, report it to the City.
- Report homeless camps, trash or debris that might have come from a homeless camp, and abandoned shopping carts using Fresh Connect, the City’s online reporting system. Simply snap a photo and send your report via the City’s website or mobile app, and get an update once the problem is resolved. Visit http://cityofranchocordova.org/freshconnect to get started today!
- If you see a homeless individual in need of assistance, contact the City’s Neighborhood Services Team by phone at 916-851-8770, or contact the Homeless Outreach Team Officers by email at RCPDHOT@ranchocordovapd.com.
- To report panhandling, call the RCPD non-emergency number at 916-362-5115.
- To report a crime in progress or suspicious activity, call 9-1-1.
For volunteering, contact Rancho Cordova HART on their website at www.ranchocordovahart.org.