The City of Rancho Cordova is proud that nearly all areas accessible to the public are now 100% smoke and tobacco free! In 2014, the Rancho Cordova City Council passed an Ordinance that prohibits smoking in many public areas, including outdoor dining areas and at public events
What are the new regulations?
- No smoking in areas accessible to the public, including outdoor dining areas and public events in Rancho Cordova. Public events include festivals, concerts, and farmers’ markets.
- No smoking in public parks, schools, and on federal or county government properties.
- The smoking prohibition includes traditional cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and hookahs containing tobacco, marijuana, or a liquid cartridge.
- Rancho Cordova is the first city in Sacramento County and one of 73 cities in California to prohibit smoking in outdoor dining areas.
How can local businesses join the Breathe Fresh campaign?
- The City wants to partner with Rancho Cordova dining and bar establishments with outdoor patios where food or drinks are served on the Breathe Fresh campaign.
- The City has free window decals and information cards to help educate your customers.
- To get involved, contact Communications Specialist Ashley Downton at email@example.com or (916) 851-8723.