The City of Rancho Cordova is transitioning to Rancho Cordova Online, a new online system that will provide a quick and easy way to apply for, renew and pay for licenses and permits, as well as submit plans electronically for review.
On March 2, 2020, following are licenses you will be able to apply for, renew and pay through Rancho Cordova Online. Click here to learn more.
Apply for, renew and pay for your Business License online! All businesses operating from a fixed location in the city must have a Business License.
Click here to learn how to apply in person prior to March 2, 2020.
Rental Property License
Apply for, renew and pay for your Rental Property License online! All rental properties in the city (single family, duplex or multi-family) must have a Rental Property License. Each rental property requires a separate license and payment.
Apply for, renew and pay for your Pet License online! Residents in the city may own four dogs or cats per residence and must license each pet.
Please note: PetData will no longer be used to process Pet Licenses.
Apply for, renew and pay your Employee Permit and Fireworks Stand License (available March 1 - second Tuesday of April each year) online!
Following are permits you can apply for in person at Rancho Cordova City Hall. Please click on the links below for more information on how to apply. Please note there is a 2.5% processing fee for all card transactions online or in person.
Building Department Permits
- Residential Project Permits: Additions and remodels, water heater installations, pools and spas, and new production homes. Click here to apply in person or click here to apply online for certain projects.
- Commercial Project Permits: Tenant improvements
- Sign Permits: Permanent sign structures
Public Works Department Permits
- Encroachment Permits: Trenching, sidewalk repair and driveways.
- Transportation Permits: Oversized/overweight loads on city streets.
- Street Use Permits: Non-construction purposes
- Tree Permit: Permission to remove protected trees on private or public property
- Link to Development Services and Permitting
Planning and Entitlement Permits
- Conditional Use Permits (CUP)
- Temporary Use Permits: Temporary banners and signs, special events, sales trailers for new homes and temporary structures.
- Limited Use Permits
- Hen Ordinance Permit Application
- Link to Planning Application Forms and Handouts
Outside Agency Permits
- Sacramento County
- Fire Permits
- Alarm Permits
- EMD Environmental Management
- Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
- Sacramento Area Sewer District
- Sacramento County Department of Water Resources - Drainage & Water Supply
Permit Application Process
Following is a graphic illustrating the application process for permits.
For questions on applying for a permit, contact the city at PermitServices@CityofRanchoCordova.org or 916.851.8700. You can also attend a Development Services Team meeting held every Tuesday at 10 AM.