Street Use Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Street Use Permit
Street Use Permits are required for all applications where a group or party wishes to use any part of the road for non-construction purposes for any period of time. For construction use, or where inspection is required, refer to an Encroachment Permit. Street Use Permits are reviewed by the Police Department as well as City staff.

Applications are available for downloading using the links below as well as in the 1st floor lobby of City Hall. Applicant must complete the application and include a map of the event showing your traffic control plan. If the event will block access to a residence or business, a road closure petition signed by each affected property owners is required. Submit complete application, map and petition, if necessary, to the City’s Public Works Department.

The fee for a street use permit is $20.

Often the permit process can be performed over the counter. However, sometimes a permit requires further review and the Applicant will be notified when the permit is ready.

An original copy of the permit must be present at the event. Strict adherence must be made to the general provisions of the permit including signage and barricades.

If you have any questions, please contact Tameem Samimi at (916) 851-8905. 
        • Street Use Permit Application 
        • Block Party Requirements 
        • Petition to Request Road Closure

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer