Temporary Use Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Temporary Use Permits (TUP)

Temporary Use Permits are issued through the Planning Department and allow special uses for a determined amount of time. Some uses are subject to Sacramento Metro Fire and/or Building & Safety Department approval. Be aware of any other department approvals that may apply to your permit. The TUP will not be issued if there are outstanding requirements from other departments.

Temporary uses and related requirements are detailed below.

Temporary Banner/Signage Display (Permitted for a period not to exceed 60 days

No more than two temporary use permits for temporary signs shall be issued for the same property per calendar year.) - a site plan and image of the banner/signage must be submitted with the application. Please detail dates when signage will be displayed. Inflatable signs are prohibited.

Grand Opening Event/Special Day or Weekend Event (example: auction, carnival, parking lot sale, etc.)

A site plan, related signage and event description with dates and hours of operation are required. If a tent is involved, a permit is required through Sacramento Metro Fire and must be presented with the application.

Sales Trailers for New Home Sales

This requires Building & Safety and Sacramento Metro Fire approval prior to issuance of a TUP. A site plan, expected dates and hours of operation must be included.

Temporary Structures (example: tents)

A site plan and Sacramento Metro Fire permit required. Dates of use must be included.

An application and more information regarding the Temporary Use Permit may be found here.