Check Before You Burn
For updated air quality information in the Rancho Cordova and Sacramento County Areas, please visit sparetheair.com or call 877-NOBURN-5 or 877-662-8765.
Fight The Bite
Mosquito and Vector Control District Tips on Mosquito Control
The 7 D's
All community members are encouraged to practice the District’s D’s of Mosquito Prevention.
- DRAIN any standing water that may produce mosquitoes.
- DAWN and DUSK are times to avoid being outside. This is when mosquitoes are most active.
- DRESS appropriately by wearing long sleeves and pants when outdoors.
- DEFEND yourself against mosquitoes by using an effective insect repellent, such as DEET, Picaridin or Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus. Make sure you follow label directions!
- DOOR and window screens should be in good working condition. This will prevent mosquitoes from entering your home.
- DISTRICT personnel are available to address any mosquito problem you may be experiencing by calling 1-800-429-1022.
For more information about the Sacramento-Yolo Mosquito and Vector Control District, what they do and how you can help, visit their website at www.fightthebite.net.