Stage 2 Updates for Businesses
The County of Sacramento is approved to expand more fully into Stage 2, which allows for the re-opening of specific businesses:
- Full public transportation
- Dine-in at restaurants
- Pet grooming, car washes
- Micro enterprise retail, shopping malls
- Agricultural food and beverage cultivation, process and distribution (by appointment)
- Plumbers, electricians, exterminators, arborists, landscapers, gardeners
- Small offices when telework is not possible
- Childcare, day care and family day care
- Drive-through religious services
- Outdoor museums and art galleries
- Drive-through graduation ceremonies
Businesses must strictly follow the Stage 2 Guidelines.
For more information, read the new Public Health Order.
Click here for questions and answers about Stage 2 and the new Public Health Order.
City Manager Updates
FREE COVID-19/No Symptom Testing Now Available
Anyone 18 years or older living in Sacramento County can receive free testing for COVID-19--even if they have no symptoms--simply by completing this screening survey: https://www.projectbaseline.com/study/covid-19/eligibility/.
Once the survey is completed, participants will be eligible for an appointment at the Mobile Testing Site at Cal Expo.
- This testing site is not intended for people experiencing severe symptoms, such as severe cough, severe shortness of breath, severe fever, or other concerning symptoms that would require more immediate medical care.
- There is no medical care provided on-site.
- No walk-up appointments will be accepted. Participants must complete the survey.
- Participants must come to their appointment in a car that has windows that roll up in order to protect both the patient and the onsite workers.
Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus
It’s critical for everyone to do three things to help stop the spread:
1. Follow the Governor's and the County’s Stay-at-Home Orders, which require that you stay at your place of residence except when you need necessities, such as food or medical supplies. You may go outside to care for pets, go on a walk, exercise, and enjoy the outdoors, as long as you do not gather in a group, and there is at least six feet between you and other people.
2. Do the Five
- HANDS: Wash them often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- ELBOW: Cough or sneeze into it, or into a tissue that is immediately thrown away.
- FACE: Don’t touch it, especially your nose, mouth and eyes.
- SPACE: Keep a safe distance from others (at least 6 feet).
- HOME: Stay at home, especially if you are sick.
3. Follow County Requirements and CDC Recommendations
- Wear cloth face coverings when in public when social distancing is not possible. Click here for more information about the use of cloth face coverings.
- Frequently clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that are touched and used regularly.
- Watch for symptoms. Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell. These symptoms can appear 2 – 14 days after exposure to the virus. Learn more
Working together to follow the Health Orders and Doing the Five means protecting you, your family and the community. Click here to download a COVID-19/coronavirus fact sheet.
City Hall remains open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM as an essential service facility but with some modified services. City staff who can work from home are doing so to do their part, and those who are at City Hall are adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Rancho Cordova Police Department
Our Rancho Cordova Police Department’s public safety efforts continue 24/7. The police station counter remains open Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM as an essential service facility but with some modified services. In-person police reports and Live Scan services are currently halted. Services related to towing and parking are still available, and repossession releases are now being offered. In addition, we encourage you to use our online services, including filing a police report online, at RanchoCordovaPD.com.
If you need to come to the police station for one of the available services mentioned above, please make an appointment by calling 916.875.9600. Our goal is to ensure our team can serve you as efficiently and quickly as possible, including confirming you have the appropriate documentation for your visit.
Permit and Inspection Processes
We have modified our permit and inspection processes. You may drop off documentation for permits and other submittals at City Hall, and a city staff member will work on your request and contact you via telephone if there are any questions.
However, we encourage you to use our online services. To schedule an inspection or apply for simple permits online, click here and follow the instructions provided. You may also email applications and plan submittals to PermitServices@CityofRanchocordova.org.
We are still conducting commercial and production home inspections in the usual manner. For private residential inspections, building inspectors are minimizing entry into private residential homes and will not enter apartment units for inspection unless it’s an emergency for the health and safety of everyone.
We have modified our business license, rental housing license, and animal license processes. You may drop off applications at City Hall and a city staff member will work on your request and contact you via telephone if there are any questions.
You may also apply for and/or renew your license via Rancho Cordova Online. If you have any questions, please call (916) 851-8768.
Payments for city services such as licenses and permits can continue to be made at City Hall or by mail. Payments for licenses can also be made via Rancho Cordova Online.
Translate These Pages
The City of Rancho Cordova’s website is available to translate in over 100 languages. To translate the city’s website, click on the “Select Language” button at the top of the website and select the language.
El sitio web de la Ciudad de Rancho Cordova está disponible para ser traducido a más de 100 idiomas. Para traducir el sitio web de la ciudad, haga clic en el botón “Seleccionar Idioma” ubicado en la parte superior del sitio web y luego seleccione el idioma que desee.
Сайт города Ранчо Кордова доступен в переводе на более чем 100 языках. Для перевода этого городского веб сайта, нажмите кнопку "Выбрать язык", расположенную в верхней части веб-сайта и выберите Ваш язык.
وبسایت شهرداری رانچو کوردووا برای ترجمه به بیش از 100 زبان در دسترس است. جهت ترجمه وبسایت شهرداری، روی دکمه "انتخاب زبان" در بالای وبسایت کلیک کنید و زبان مربوطه را انتخاب کنید.
|Comprehensive and up-to-the-minute information about COVID-19/Coronavirus can be found at Covid19.SacCounty.net or CDC.gov/coronavirus. You can also visit this webpage at CityofRanchoCordova.org/coronavirus for city-specific updates.|