New COVID-19 Update
Information about the Current Public Health Order
Read the revised Health Order issued on July 2, 2020.
Refer to the industry guidance for outdoor operations for restaurants, bars and wineries.
Places of worship must discontinue singing or chanting to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19.
Businesses Not Yet Permitted to Open as of July 2, 2020
- Indoor playgrounds, such as bounce centers, ball pits and laser tag
- Live theater
- Saunas and steam rooms
- Concert venues
- Theme parks
- Higher education (in person), except where supporting essential workforce activities, including but not limited to providing housing solutions, COVID-19 response, and training and instruction for the essential workforce
Resources for Reopening
1. Apply to Expand Your Dine-In Restaurant Space
The City of Rancho Cordova wants to work with you to:
- Allow temporary closure of certain spaces at your business site, such as parking areas, drive aisles, etc. to create additional dine-in seating that follows the six-foot spacing requirement.
- Not count this additional outdoor seating towards city parking requirements.
- Review your outdoor seating plan free of charge.
How Do I Apply or Learn More?
If you’re interested in creating Al Fresco dining for your restaurant to create additional dine-in capacity, download an application and contact the city's Economic Development team at EconDev@CityofRanchoCordova.org or contact:
|Amanda Norton||Laura Fickle|
2. Reopening Toolkit for Businesses
Download and print these materials to display at your business to help educate your customers or distribute to your employees:
- Stage 3 Fact Sheet for Businesses
- Stage 3 Fact Sheet for Churches
- Questions and Answers about Stage 3 and the New Public Health Order
- Face Covering Face Sheet
County Requirements for Businesses to Reopen
There are four stages to reopening California, and we are currently in Stage 3. California’s Public Health Department has outlined areas for each industry to implement before reopening:
- Perform a detailed risk assessment and implement a site-specific protection plan
- Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them
- Implement individual control measures and screenings
- Implement disinfecting protocols
- Implement physical distancing guidelines
Click on the Guidance link below to determine the details of each of the areas for your industry. Industries marked with an asterisk* may open outdoor operations only. For more information, read the current Public Health Order from the County of Sacramento or see the additional industry guidance from the California Department of Public Health.
|INDUSTRY||ACTIVITIES ALLOWED TO REOPEN||GUIDELINES TO REOPEN|
|Transportation||Resume full public transportation||Guidance | Checklist|
Dine-in at restaurants*
Hotels, lodging and short term rentals
|Guidance | Checklist
Hair salons and barbershops
Expanded personal services including cosmetology,
Micro enterprises retail (no more than 10 employees),
|Private Enterprise||Agricultural food and beverage cultivation,
process and distribution open for retail (by appointment)
|Guidance | Checklist|
|Professional Services||Plumbers, electricians, exterminators,
arborists, landscapers and gardeners
|Guidance | Checklist|
|Gyms and Fitness Studios||Fitness facilities and pools||Guidance|
|Offices/Workplaces||Reopen small offices when telework is not possible||Guidance | Checklist|
|Child/Day Care||Childcare, day care and family day care||Guidance|
Drive-through religious services and religious services
at 25% of building’s capacity up to 100 people, singing and chanting prohibited
Museums, galleries, zoos and aquariums*
|Large Outdoor Venues||Drive-through graduation ceremonies
Professional sports without live audiences
|Schools||Schools and school based programs||Guidance|
|Day Camps||Day camps||Guidance|
Cardrooms*, satellite wagering facilities and racetracks
|Political Gathering||Political protests or political expression gatherings
at 25% of building’s capacity or up to 100 attendees