Resources for Our City's Seniors
Senior Resources Fact Sheet
- Enjoy a FREE 24/7 SilverSneaker classes for senior from 24 Hour Fitness.
- Attend FREE virtual fitness or meditation classes from the Cordova Recreation & Park District.
- Take a FREE virtual art class from local artists. For upcoming classes and materials needed, visit the Rancho Cordova Arts Facebook page.
- Read an eBook, flip through a magazine, or take an online course FREE through the Sacramento Public Library's Virtual Library.
- Take a bike ride or hike on the American River Parkway trail, or spend a leisurely afternoon fishing on the river.
- Spend time on the green at the Mather Golf Course, located just outside of our city.
- Go to our Activities Page for a more comprehensive list of fun activities.
PG&E implemented a series of billing and service modifications to support customers who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Suspending service disconnections for non-payment and waiving security deposits
- Implementing flexible payment plan options
- Providing additional support for low-income and medical baseline customer
SMUD implemented a series of billing and service modifications to support customers who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Extended through January 4, 2021, SMUD:
- Will not disconnect your power due to non-payment.
- Wants all of their residential and commercial customers to have power at this time. Customers who are behind on payment will still owe SMUD for service, they will just not lose power at this time.
- For customers who may have difficulty paying their bill, SMUD offers several payment arrangement options for qualified customers such as installment plans and lowering the minimum payment due.
Refer to the website for specific terms and for a full list of plan modifications available.
Connecting with Technology
During the Covid-19 health crisis, the internet and our cell phones have become some of our best tools for staying connected and informed. Luckily there are many phone and internet providers in Rancho Cordova and many have made special considerations for existing and new customers during the health crisis. Follow the links below to find our more information of what each company is offering.
For those without a plan, Charter and Xfinity have opened Wi-Fi hotspots for public use throughout the city. Find Xfinity hotspots here.
There are many services that allow you to phone and video conference, so you can stay connected with your friends and family. Some of the most popular are Free Conference Call, Facetime, Skype, and Zoom.
Go to our Technology Page for more details and specifics on local services to help you stay connected.
Food Pantry Locations and Food Delivery
Great Plates Meal Delivery
Great Plates is a new program created by Governor Newsom that provides seniors and those vulnerable to COVID-19 with three free nutritious meals delivered daily. This new program is a great way to get healthy food, and it is currently operating through July 10, 2020.
We have had a tremendous response to this program and are now at capacity. If you are a senior and need meal delivery, please contact Meals on Wheels at 916.444.9533.
Meals on Wheels (Seniors, 60+)
Meals on Wheels by ACC is a non-profit organization serving Sacramento County seniors 60 years of age and better. Meals on Wheels helps keep seniors in their homes and communities by providing nutritious meals, safety net services, social contact, community resource information, and much more
7375 Park City Drive, Sacramento, CA 95831
Rancho Cordova Food Locker
Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 9:30 AM - 1:20 PM
10497 Coloma Road, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Posts free items on social media, including food, household goods and clothing.
Khalsa Aid Coronavirus Emergency Outreach
Food pantry that mostly carries breads, grains, dairy and vegetables. The target audience under the emergency outreach program includes senior citizens and immuno-compromised/vulnerable individuals. The organization can provide groceries from their pantry and may be able to deliver. They accept donations, but payment is not a requirement. To sign up to request groceries please fill out the form at tinyurl.com/KA-Covid19.
Rancho Delivers provides free grocery delivery to residents living in the City of Rancho Cordova. Free grocery delivery is currently available from Raley’s Supermarkets and Safeway. Find out how to use Ranch Delivers here.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
200 partner agencies. Visit this website and search by zip code or a certain radius.
1951 Bell Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95838
Food boxes Wednesdays, 10 AM - 2 PM
2550 Alhambra Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817
Food boxes Mondays, 10 AM - 2 PM
First-come, first-serve, 500 boxes via pick-up by car
10370 Old Placerville Road, Suite 107, Sacramento, CA 95827
The Way of Life Church
Bagged goods Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 4 - 7 PM
10415 Folsom Boulevard, Rancho Cordova, CA 95817
United Methodist Church Food Pantry
Food Available on third Tuesday, 10 AM – 11:30 AM and to-go dinners are available on the 3rd Wednesday at 5 PM
First-come, first-serve by car
2101 Zinfandel Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) Safe Trip and Delivery Trip Programs
UCP’s Safe Trip offers a FREE on-demand transportation option for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities or who are at high risk during the COVID-19 crisis. In addition, schedule a FREE UCP Delivery Trip to have pre-paid items picked up and delivered to your door.
Request a Trip or Delivery: Call 916.393.3602 (Please allow 24-hour advance notice)
United Sikhs Emergency Response Team of Northern California
An emergency hotline for urgent assistance has been established to respond to needs in Northern California. This includes grocery aid and delivery. They can provide cooked meals as well as assist with grocery deliveries. For delivery services call their hotline 1.855.878.6333.